Fridays, 4:00-6:00P; Jan. 19 – Feb. 23
Six 2-hour classes over six weeks
Ayurveda, like yoga, teaches us how to effectively combat stress through self-care. Learn the foundations of the oldest system of medicine in the world in 6 two-hour classes. Bring the lifestyle practices of Ayurveda into your daily life. As the sister science to yoga, practicing an Ayurvedic lifestyle not only supports your practice, but can also prevent disease and address its causes at the root. It also helps to make sense of all the conflicting information out there on what to eat, when to eat, whether everyone should be having turmeric everyday, and more!
In these six classes you will learn:
- The basic principles of Ayurveda
- Your natural constitution and the nature of any imbalances you may have
- The cause of disease from an Ayurvedic perspective
- How to prevent and heal imbalances using the five sense therapies, including: food (taste), touch (soothing self-massage), aromatherapy, color therapy, music therapy, and healthy lifestyle routines
- Yogic lifestyle techniques including nasal cleansing (neti pot), abyangha (self massage), tongue scraping, and more!
Week 1: The Causes of Disease and Your Ayurvedic Constitution
Week 2: Constitution, Personality, and the Mind; The Nature of Your Imbalances
Week 3: Healing Your Life Through Diet
Week 4: Healing Your Life Through Touch
Week 5: Healing Your Life Through Aromatherapy & Vision
Week 6: Healing Your Life Through Sound, Final Q & A
Pre-registration is required. Please sign up online. If you prefer to pay with cash or check, please email the instructor ahead of time to make arrangements.
Must be purchased as a series. No drop-ins. Refunds are available within 48 hours after the first class if you don’t think it is a good fit.