Yoga for Teens Certification
A Comprehensive Certification in Yoga for Teens.
Perfect for Yoga Teachers, School Teachers, Social Workers and Parents eager to make a difference in the lives of young people!
This training offers yoga as a transformative life practice that fosters physical, mental, emotional and social development through yoga practices and principles. It is suitable for yoga teachers, school teachers, social workers, therapists, parents and anyone who would like to make a difference in the lives of youth through the practices and teachings of yoga. While the training includes guidance on teaching teens in various settings, it emphasizes teaching yoga in the school setting.
Yoga teachers who graduate from the course are eligible to be considered for teaching with RISE Yoga for Youth, a local nonprofit that brings yoga and wellness classes to Bay Area schools.
In this training you will learn how to:
- Adapt yoga, breathing, and meditation techniques to the teen population
- Teach yoga in the school setting
- Work with at-risk and underserved populations
- Teach teen relevant topics such as anger, forgiveness, and self-confidence
- Teach basic nutrition and the yoga of eating
- Incorporate play and laughter into the teen yoga class
- Help teens understand and cultivate mindfulness in daily life
- Cultivate community, trust, and connection with teens
- Structure and develop a teen yoga class
- Inspire teens to be ambassadors of peace in the world through selfless service
This course provides 20 Yoga Alliance® CEUs
September 22 - September 24
Yoga for Teens Certification with Mackenzie Studebaker
$525 early bird before 8/31
Mackenzie Studebaker is a dedicated yoga practitioner and teacher to many kinds and tribes of humans. She has a particular affinity and skill for working with teens. Her teaching philosophy is grounded in loving-kindness and non-judgment, and adaptive to all ages and abilities. Mackenzie's classes aim to cultivate self-compassion, self-awareness, balance, strength, and ease.
Mackenzie is a 500hr-ERYT certified teacher and holds classes in parks, studios, homes, the streets of the Mission District, private schools, public schools, rehabilitation centers, treatment facilities, group homes, workspaces, and more.