Learn to teach.
Choose from a variety of Yoga Alliance Certified 200-hr and 500-hr modules, as well as courses that offer CE credits for current YA certificated teachers.
The Content Soul's 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training Program w/Kirtan Smith
weekends, sept. 15 – DEC. 17, 2017; 9a-6p
This Teacher Training Program will be an in-depth exploration of asana, pranayama, meditation, Sanskrit, anatomy, history and philosophy. Whether you are a curious seeker wanting to deepen your practice, or want to pursue teaching full or part-time, this is the training for you!
Dates: Sept 15-17*, Sept 30-Oct 1, Oct 13-15*, Oct 28-29, Nov 10-12*, Nov 17-18, Dec 2-3, Dec 15-17*
- 20 total classroom days
- 180 Total Classroom Hours
- 20 Non-Contact Hours
*3-Day weekends (Fri-Sun)
The Art of Rest: Restorative Teacher Training w/Chanti Tacoronte-Perez
friday, sept. 8 – sunday, sept. 10; 9a-5p daily
Learn the art of observation and support through the practices of restorative yoga. This teacher training will give you the skills necessary to incorporate restorative yoga into your practice and classes. Restorative yoga offers the assistance of props to hold the body – and when the body is held it learns to release and rest – making room for healing. This training is for teachers and dedicated students alike.
Focus of Training:
• The restorative environment
• Sympathetic & parasympathetic nervous systems
• Breath awareness
• Guided relaxation techniques
• Observations of different bodies in restorative poses
• Trusting your Self
• Postural adaptations for pregnancy
• How to work with individual students
• Your own Restorative practice
• The importance of Savasana
Limited to 20; please reserve your spot in advance. No prior teaching skills necessary; all are welcome.
Cost: $365 on or before 8/1; $395 thereafter
Yoga for Teens Teacher Training w/Mackenzie Studebaker
FRIDAY, SEPT. 22 – SUNDAY, SEPT. 24; 9:30A-5P
A Comprehensive Certification in Yoga for Teens
This training offers yoga as a transformative life practice that fosters physical, mental, emotional and social development through yoga practices and principles. It is suitable for yoga teachers, school teachers, social workers, therapists, parents and anyone who would like to make a difference in the lives of youth through the practices and teachings of yoga. While the training includes guidance on teaching teens in various settings, it emphasizes teaching yoga in the school setting.
Yoga teachers who graduate from the course are eligible to be considered for teaching with RISE Yoga for Youth, a local nonprofit that brings yoga and wellness classes to Bay Area schools.
In this training you will learn how to:
- Adapt yoga, breathing, and meditation techniques to the teen population
- Teach yoga in the school setting
- Work with at-risk and underserved populations
- Teach teen relevant topics such as anger, forgiveness, and self-confidence
- Teach basic nutrition and the yoga of eating
- Incorporate play and laughter into the teen yoga class
- Help teens understand and cultivate mindfulness in daily life
- Cultivate community, trust, and connection with teens
- Structure and develop a teen yoga class
- Inspire teens to be ambassadors of peace in the world through selfless service
This course provides 20 Yoga Alliance® CEUs
Cost: $525 early bird before 8/31; $625 thereafter